Will Gerull, MD
Will Gerull, MD, is a general surgery resident at Washington University in St. Louis. Will has research interests in surgical education and clinical outcomes. He completed his Doctor of Medicine at Washington University in St. Louis and his Bachelors of Science in biomedical engineering at the University of Washington.
Hometown: Puyallup, WA
Undergraduate: University of Washington
Medical School: Washington University School of Medicine
Research Interests: Surgical education, surgical simulation, clinical outcomes
- Gerull WD, Cho D, Kuo I, Arefanian S, Kushner BS, Awad MM. Robotic Approach to Paraesophageal Hernia Repair Results in Low Long-Term Recurrence Rate and Beneficial Patient-Centered Outcomes. J Am Coll Surg. 2020.
- Gerull WD, Cho D, Arefanian S, Kushner BS, Awad MM. Favorable peri-operative outcomes observed in paraesophageal hernia repair with robotic approach. Surg Endosc. 2020. Gerull W, Zihni A, Awad M. Operative performance outcomes of a simulator-based robotic surgical skills curriculum. Surg Endosc. 2019.
- Gerull, WD, Yang, Z, Kreisel, D, Nava, R, Meyers, BF, Patterson, GA, Kozower, BD, Hachem, RR, Witt, C, Byers, D, & Puri, V. Local vs. Distant Lung Donor Procurement Does Not Impact Short-term Clinical Outcomes. Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery. 2020.
- Gerull WD, Liang Z, Wang R, Zihni A, Ray S, Awad M. Effect of Patient Body Mass Index on Laparoscopic Surgical Ergonomics. Obes Surg. 2019. Gerull WD, Okoroafor UC, Guattery J, Goldfarb CA, Wall LB, Calfee RP. Performance of Pediatric PROMIS CATs in Children With Upper Extremity Fractures. Hand (N Y). 2020.
See a full list of Gerull’s publications on PubMed.
- Gerull, W.D., Blatnik, J., Awad, M.M.. (April, 2018). Posterior Approach to POEM for Esophageal Diverticula. Video presented at: The Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons Meeting; Seattle, WA, USA.
- Gerull, W.D., Aladegbami, B., Awad, M.M.. (April, 2020). Robotic-assisted laparoscopic resection of multiple esophageal diverticula with extensive mediastinal dissection. Video presented at: The Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons Meeting; Cleveland, Ohio, USA.